[PolyORB-users] Additional pragmas defined by IDL to Ada mapping v1.3

Thomas Quinot quinot at adacore.com
Tue Jun 14 17:48:10 CEST 2011

* oliver.kellogg at t-online.de, 2011-06-14 :

> I have added the new pragmas defined by the OMG CORBA IDL to Ada
> 	mapping v1.3 section 3.13.1 to iac,
>
> #pragma subtype <typedef_name>
> #pragma derived <typedef_name>
> #pragma range <typedef_name> <lowbound_idl> .. <highbound_idl>
> #pragma range <typedef_name> "<range_expr_in_ada_syntax>"

Great contribution!

> * The arrays IDL_Ranges and Subtypes at the start of analyzer.adb are
>   probably not the best data structure to use.  What should I use
>   instead? (Perhaps GNAT.Tables, or other?)

Yes GNAT.Table is fine, it's already used in several other places in
IAC.

>   This
>                   FEU.Expr_Value (E)
>   does not look right to me, shouldn't that be
>                   FEU.Expr_Value (Expression (E))

No because Expr_Value (E) is Expr_Value (Expression (E))
case to E's nominal type (see
Analyze_And_Resolve_Constant_Declaration_Or_Case_Label_Expr).

Thomas.

--
Thomas Quinot, Ph.D. ** quinot at adacore.com ** Senior Software Engineer
               AdaCore -- Paris, France -- New York, USA