[PolyORB-users] Additional pragmas defined by IDL to Ada mapping v1.3

oliver.kellogg at t-online.de oliver.kellogg at t-online.de
Tue Jun 14 13:47:02 CEST 2011

Hello polyorb-users,

I have added the new pragmas defined by the OMG CORBA IDL to Ada

	mapping v1.3 section 3.13.1 to iac,

#pragma subtype <typedef_name>
#pragma derived <typedef_name>
#pragma range <typedef_name> <lowbound_idl> .. <highbound_idl>
#pragma range <typedef_name> "<range_expr_in_ada_syntax>"

I would welcome comments on the patch, in particular:

* The arrays IDL_Ranges and Subtypes at the start of analyzer.adb are
  probably not the best data structure to use.  What should I use
  instead? (Perhaps GNAT.Tables, or other?)

* In the trunk backend-be_corba_ada-stubs.adb lines 214ff, there was:

               Expression := Make_Literal_With_Parent
                 (FEU.Expr_Value (E),
                  Parent => Get_Parent_Unit_Name (Constant_Type));

  This
                  FEU.Expr_Value (E)
  does not look right to me, shouldn't that be
                  FEU.Expr_Value (Expression (E))
  ?
  In order to avoid confusion between the Expression object and the
  same named function from Frontend.Nodes, I renamed the object to
Expr.

Regards,

Oliver M. Kellogg

<mailto:okellogg at users.sourceforge.net>