[PolyORB-users] [DSA] more info for : a problem with record handling with polyorb

xavier grave xavier.grave at ipno.in2p3.fr
Wed May 14 14:02:28 CEST 2008

Le mardi 13 mai 2008 à 15:00 +0200, Jérôme Hugues a écrit :
> Le 7 mai 08 à 16:10, xavier grave a écrit :
>
> > If I declare my own string type in a record I can use it without
> > problem
> > (see new tar.gz joined).
> >
> > Can the Tk_String type be merged in Tk_Array ?
>
> No, the rationale is that PolyORB.Any derives from CORBA.Any, so this
> cannot be done.
>
> > Does the problem comes of the merge of unbounded string an standard
> > string under a same banner tk_string ?
>
> You may find more information on this in the gcc source tree, in
> exp_dist
> I'd rather imagine some issue with the processing of bounds for an
> array type.
>
> Since I do not have the setup to reproduce your bug, can you please
> detail the error message you see ?

Here is the output :
./client
start of client_main
test get_string : hello world
*--------*

raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : polyorb-any.adb:824 access check failed

I join the last source version that produced this result.
The difference with the previous version is that instead of declaring :
   type My_String_Type is array (Integer range <>) of Character;
I declare
   type My_String_Type is new String;

I have compiled polyorb with this configure :
../polyorb_svn/configure --prefix=/root/tmp/svn_res_poly
--with-appli-perso=dsa --enable-debug

Hope it will help.
Thanks. xavier