[gvd-users] A few questions about gvd

Arnaud Charlet gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:50:30 +0200

> Sometime I will try rebuilding GVD from source (I have plans to look closely
> at Ada for cross-compilation work - getting gnat working for the PC will be
> the first step, and rebuilding GVD should then be easy).  But this is surely
> a setting that should be added to the user preferences at some point?

Oops, actually there's already a hidden preference that can be changed
by editing the file ~/.gvd/preferences, the setting is Tab_Size

The reason it's not visible is that it is generally not such a great idea
to change the tab size, and source files depending on tab sizes other than the
standard 8 columns should be avoided. Of course in the real world, things are
sometimes different...

Anyway, the option is there, although it has not been greatly tested (another
reason for not documenting it), so may or may not do what you expect.

Arno