[gvd-users] remote debugging with gdbserver

Ole Hansen gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:56:35 +0200

Hello GVD-users

I am using GVD under Linux RH7.2/7.3 and is doing remote debugging to
gdbserver on Linux(2.4.3/2.4.18) target.

In order to do the remote debugging, I have to enter the following command
in the gdb-command-window:

target remote <target/ipaddr>:<portnumber>:

	target remote target:5555

If I try to enter this into the file .gdbinit , gvd asks if I want to
terminate the current debug-session, and if I says yes, it
aborts the remote-gdbserver, and tries to connect to it again, but fails as
it no longer exists.

Is there a way to start gvd to do remote debugging to a specific target,
without having to type it in every time ???

regards

ole@danelec.dk