[gvd-users] Memory view wit remote serial target

Les Newell gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:24:27 +0100

Hi,
I am using GVD with a remote serial target and everything seems to work
really well apart from a few minor problems. The biggest problem is that the
memory view is extremely slow, taking about 30 seconds to refresh the window
after entering an address. During that time the serial comms are very
active. Presumably GVD is fetching a lot more data than neccessary. Is there
any way of stopping this behaviour?

Also is there any way of passing arguments to GDB on the command line?

Although I have only been using GVD seriously for a very short time I am
very impressed. Compared to Insight it is more responsive, has more useful
features and I much prefer the layout. Keep up the good work!

My configuration is:
GVD-1.2.0
OS: Win98
GDB: GDB5.0, Cygwin host (until I can get a mingw hosted version working)
Target: h8300-hms remote serial @57600bps

Thanks,
Les