[gvd-users] rexec instead of rsh? preferences file? Inferior debuggers

Rosenzweig, Daniel Z (Dan), NNAD gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:09:04 -0400

Thanks. My thoughts were to use Reflection's rexec (as opposed to Winnt 4's
rexec). Reflection's rexec has a -n option, which allows you to specify a
password file. The problem is, that it must be supplied AFTER the hostname,
so it doesn't seem to jive with the way that the program is creating the
call to rexec. I noticed that I don't get a logfile, even at log-level 4
once I created the preferences file... I didn't even get any UI errors... it
just exited, and that's it.
( Usage:  rexec <host> [-l username] [-n <password.fil] <command>   )

The reason why I'm trying rexec is that gvd is trying to rsh (from PC) to
Machine B, which has my home directory mounted from Machine A.... When I rsh
to Machine B directly, it doesn't find my .rhosts file, and doesn't let me
in (rsh into Machine A is ok, but I don't have gdb running on that machine,
only xdb, so I can't test if it works there). I'll post this on an HPUX
group to see if they can help.

The log-level 4 msgs I get are (since it couldn't log in):
[1] -> "set prompt (gdb) \n"
[1] <- "RSH4000: Remote error: remshd: Login incorrect.\r\n"
       "\r\n"
# Bug detected in GVD
# Version: 1.2.1