[gvd-users] rexec instead of rsh? preferences file?

Rosenzweig, Daniel Z (Dan), NNAD gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:30:56 -0400

Could rexec be used instead of rsh, so that I can specify a password and
hopefully get around the problem where I can't rsh to a host where the home
directory is mounted remotely?

I would try it, but I can't get to the UI to change the Helpers (as per my
previous email).

What's the syntax to put this:
"Remote Shell"   (or anything else) into a preferences file? The doc says
that you can do it, but doesn't describe the syntax. I looked at some old
postings regarding the preferences file, and the keyword in the preferences
file, does not mention any of keywords in this document...
(I'm using the NT binary distro -- so maybe I'm missing something which is
contained in the source code distro.)

Thanks again!