[gvd-users] help with args -- newbie

vass D gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:01:45 -0700 (PDT)

hello, i've installed gvd a few days ago but had prob
with the display (couldnt see anything of the prog...)
it was corrected by overriding the home with GVD_HOME
as it says in the manual.

now, everytime i run the prog, i get the help-screen
(gtk window) which i think it means the command-line
arguments are wrong.

assuming that i want to debug a file called
'my_app.exe', which has been compiled as:

gcc -ggdb -o my_app my_app.c

where it is located in 'c:\progs\my_app.exe' on NT
platform.

can someone tell me the correct command-line options
for that?

i appologize in advance for asking such basic thing
but i'm new to programming altogether and try to use
gnu instead of commersial soft...

btw, i've read relevant sections in the manual,
but some is a bit advanced...it seems i'm missing
something...

i've managed to run a debug session with gdb (text
only, but not gvd yet. is there any trick with the
command options?

thanks a lot...