[gvd-users] run in win98 + NT -- help please

Emmanuel Briot gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:24:16 +0200

vass D writes:
 > hello again...
 >
 > Dan, check this out. On the NT machine i got cygwin
 > installed. from bash (cygwin) if i type gdb it comes
 > up with the insight debugger version. so now there are
 > two gdb versions installed. one coming with
 > djgpp(4.18) that i was trying to make gvd work with
 > yesterday, and version 5 coming with cygwin.
 >
 > as  i was in the cygwin bash, i typed gvd and guess
 > what...it worked. at the bottom window of gvd i type
 > 'show version' and comes up with GDB5, configured as
 > 'i686-pc-cygwin'.
 >
 > now why it doesnt work with gdb4.18
 > (i386-pc-msdosdjgpp) and works with cygwin version 5 i
 > dont know...

I don't remember exactly, but I don't think you sent the log file when GVD is
launch with --log-level=4 on the command line. This might indicate what the
problem is with your version of gdb 4.18.

Someone more knowledgeable on windows might have more opinions...

Emmanuel