[gtkada] Patches for gtkada-2.24.4 with gnat-pro-17.x (and higher)

Björn Persson Bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Thu Mar 7 15:19:52 CET 2019

BEAUGY Alexandre wrote:
> First of all, to avoid any misunderstanding, the solution I will detail below
> is mainly based on Fedora Project's work on gtkada2 (thanks to them),

You're welcome. It's good to know that my work is useful to people.

> 2. Then I did a(n incomplete) work of creating an equivalent set of patches
> adapted to gtkada2-2.24.4,

I thought we had the last release of GTKada 2 in Fedora. Where did you
find 2.24.4?

> - GtkAda-2.24.2-stringcopy.patch

That patch is outdated. I have fixed more format string bugs since
Fedora 24. I have no proof that they're exploitable, but that doesn't
mean that they aren't. It's best to not take the risk:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/GtkAda/raw/master/f/GtkAda-2.24.2-format_security.patch

Björn Persson