[gtkada] Patch: Add a command variable for Python.

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Thu Jan 30 16:45:41 CET 2014

> You have seen one major downside, and you just sent a message about it:
> the script was only tested on a very specific setup, which you might or
> might not have. You might end up generating incorrect sources, which of
> course does not help support because they don't know what your user is
> actually using.

Yes, the important point is that running the script on your end might
simply generate incorrect/wrong files for some reason, and you'd end up
with an untested, broken GtkAda.

> So I really recommend to take what's in svn.

Agreed.

In other words, if the automatic generation were part of the build process
(run by 'make') then of course you'd want to run it. But here the generation
is a preprocessing step done before the sources are committed/packaged.

Arno