[gtkada] Patch: Add a command variable for Python.

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Thu Jan 30 16:25:25 CET 2014

> Fedora's policy is to build all software from source. I asked about how
> to apply that to generated "source" files, and Tom Callaway replied:

And the sources of GtkAda are the ones that are checked in.
The way they are generated is irrelevant to Fedora.

> I haven't seen a notable downside to running "make generate", so I do
> that. I do however use the bundled GIR files, as binding.py chokes on
> unrecognized names if fed newer GIR files.

You have seen one major downside, and you just sent a message about it:
the script was only tested on a very specific setup, which you might or
might not have. You might end up generating incorrect sources, which of
course does not help support because they don't know what your user is
actually using.

So I really recommend to take what's in svn.