[gtkada] Patch: Add a command variable for Python.

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Thu Jan 30 16:13:41 CET 2014

Emmanuel Briot wrote:
> We do not, in general, expect users to use binding.py directly (and
> certainly not as part of an automatic install on a distribution,
> better to use the provided pre-generated source files).

Fedora's policy is to build all software from source. I asked about how
to apply that to generated "source" files, and Tom Callaway replied:

> It is my interpretation here that you do have a choice, but I would
> strongly encourage you to generate the source code on each build
> unless there is a specific (and notable) downside to doing so.

I haven't seen a notable downside to running "make generate", so I do
that. I do however use the bundled GIR files, as binding.py chokes on
unrecognized names if fed newer GIR files.

Björn Persson