[gtkada] distributing GtkAda apps

Ludovic Brenta ludovic at ludovic-brenta.org
Fri Oct 26 10:31:58 CEST 2012

I think you can link your application statically or dynamically
against GtkAda but you cannot link statically against GTK+.  When
deploying your application in binary form, you'll have to install a
shared version of GTK+ along with your binary application; the shared
GtkAda is optional depending on how you link your application.

Does that answer your question?

If you are concerned about Windows (and you should be), I suggest you
look at how AdaCore package GPS, since GPS is a (large) GtkAda app.

HTH

--
Ludovic Brenta.