[gtkada] More on File_Chooser_Dialog

Dmitry A. Kazakov mailbox at dmitry-kazakov.de
Fri Dec 10 09:57:20 CET 2010

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 12:39:18 -0600, you wrote:

> (chooser:17536): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to find default local directory monitor type
>
> What does it mean?   I've tried Googling for at msg but mostly I see a reference OSX.  I'm running on RH 4.
>
> What is a "directory monitor" and how is a default one set?

I guess that "monitor" here is an object from the GIO library (used to
monitor changes in a directory, when these happen asynchronously to the
application). GtkAda has no binding to GIO, and under Windows GIO monitors
didn't work when I checked that last time. So, maybe, you should just
ignore this message.

> Also, I don't want a parent window.

Don't you have the main window in your application anyway?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov