[gtkada] GtkAda License?

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Sun Jun 14 08:51:07 CEST 2009

> Thank you for responding. I intend to seek counsel, but she will want
> to examine the relevant licensing terms. Were I to distribute a binary
> version of the example cited, it would include two instances of the
> generic package Gtk.Handlers and one instance of Gtk.Main.Timeout. In
> addition, it would  link to code derived from your exemplary
> Double_Buffer package.

OK well we're into "what if" now :-)

As I said, without giving legal advice which I'm not qualified to do, things are
pretty simple:

All the GtkAda code from libre that you are using is licensed under pure GPL,
with no "exception", so either your code is distributed with a license
compatible with the GPL, and you are fine, or it is not (e.g. using
a proprietary license) and in this case, you could be in trouble.

Arno