[gtkada] gtkada Digest, Vol 37, Issue 4

Petr Holub hopet at ics.muni.cz
Fri Apr 20 16:41:55 CEST 2007

Regarding locking - that's one of the biggest problems with GtkAda
from my subjective perspective. I know of the routing package created
by Dimitry, but it still feels to me like scratching your left ear
with your right hand. It would be great if the locking could be
included in the GtkAda as a part of the Ada binding to Gtk (as we
probably can't change Gtk to become thread safe). Or at least create
a lock for which you can tell if it's held by another task and which
also supports reentrant locking. Anyone thinking/working in this
direction?

Cheers,
Petr