[gtkada] gtkada Digest, Vol 37, Issue 4 (was: gtkada Digest, Vol 37, Issue 4)

Dmitry A. Kazakov mailbox at dmitry-kazakov.de
Fri Apr 20 15:21:09 CEST 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:45:14 +0200, you wrote:

> I use Gtk_Image. It seems to me that using Gtk_Drawing_Area +
> Gdk.RGB.Draw_Rgb_Image is slower, isn't it ?

I suppose that should depend on where you get the images. Gdk.RGB are
client-side images, i.e. when you manipulating images in the conventional
memory and then send them to the server using Draw_RGB_Image. If you rather
have images in the graphic memory on the server side, then yes Gdk.RGB
should be slow. You could also use Gtk_Drawing_Area + Render_To_Drawable if
you have the image in Gdk_Pixbuf (which is higher level than Gdk.RGB).

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov