[gtkada] Would a patch be useful (gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data)

jeff at thecreems.com jeff at thecreems.com
Sun Jan 16 16:15:31 CET 2005

Gdk.Pixbuf currently does not have :

gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data

Would there be interest in a patch that adds this feature.
I wanted it so I bound to it. Since there did not seem to
be anything "tricky" about the binding I was wondering if
perhaps the maintainers avoided this capability because of
the complexity involved in its most simple use? (having to
run an offline program that produces a C file that you can
compile and then pragma Import).

It certainly does not seem too painful but its use does
involve an external tool and compiling some C code.

In any case, I can clean this up for a patch if it would
be included