[gtkada] Would a patch be useful (gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data)

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Mon Jan 17 11:39:30 CET 2005

> Would there be interest in a patch that adds this feature.

Sure.

> I wanted it so I bound to it. Since there did not seem to
> be anything "tricky" about the binding I was wondering if
> perhaps the maintainers avoided this capability because of
> the complexity involved in its most simple use? (having to
> run an offline program that produces a C file that you can
> compile and then pragma Import).

I guess the most "tricky" part is define a proper type for the "data"
type itself, so that it is usable by end users.

What did you choose to do ?

I guess this is similar to Gtk.Pixmap.Create_Pixmap (Chars_Ptr_Array),
so you probably did the same thing.

> It certainly does not seem too painful but its use does
> involve an external tool and compiling some C code.

As for Gtk.Pimxpa.Create_Prixmap.

> In any case, I can clean this up for a patch if it would
> be included

Sure, that would be a welcome contribution.

Do not forget to remove the last 3 lines of gdk-pixbuf.ads in your patch.

Arno