[gtkada] Gtk.Pixmap to Gtk.Image?

Manuel Op de Coul manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com
Mon Sep 8 16:25:13 CEST 2003

I am puzzled by the obsolescence of Gtk.Pixmap. In the spec gtk-image.ads
is
this comment:

--  The pixels in a Gtk_Image may be manipulated by the application after
--  creation, as Gtk_Image store the pixel data on the client side. If you
wish
--  to store the pixel data on the server side (thus not allowing
manipulation
--  of the data after creation) you should use Gtk_Pixmap.

I have images stored as xpm data in a Gtkada.Types.Chars_Ptr_Array which I
don't wish to manipulate. Should I still use Gtk.Pixmap for those?
If not, what is the replacement for this function, as I can't find it in
Gtk.Image?

   function Create_Pixmap
     (Data     : Gtkada.Types.Chars_Ptr_Array;
      Window   : access Gtk.Window.Gtk_Window_Record'Class) return
Gtk_Pixmap;

Thanks,

Manuel