[gtkada] Problems with upgrading Mine Detector game to GtkAda 2.2/Win98

Manuel Op de Coul manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com
Fri Sep 5 23:05:33 CEST 2003

>The first problem is the MS Sans Serif 8 problem others have reported:

This should be easily solved by a font_name statement in the style
setting of your resource file. Best is to replace all "font" statement
with "font_name".

>The other problem is the use of a Gtk_Text inside a Gtk_Scrolled_Window
>to display the rules of the game.

That's really the buggiest widget of all. It bothered me for years.
So the first thing I did with my application was to replace it with
Gtk.Text_View everywhere. It's a bit of work, but not really much and
you'll be much happier with the result.

Manuel