[gtkada] GtkAda: Storage Error

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Tue Feb 25 11:06:30 CET 2003

Frode Tennebø <frode at tennebo.com> wrote on 25/02/2003 (10:53) :
> OK. I have tried "no", "POSIX", "C", "iso-8859-1" like:
>
> export LANG=C
>
> No dice. I have not got a clue about locales and stuff. Give me
> assembler, RPN and the special theory of relativity, but I'd really
> love to understand how locale works and/or how it's supposed to work.
> :)

I'm not sure what is the problem, but in bash do:

set | grep -i ANSI_X3.4-1968

to see if any enviroment variable is set to this.

Also try:

LC_ALL=C gate file

> Any clue of what I should put in my locale settings?

For Norwegian do:

export LANG=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LANGUAGE=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LC_ADDRESS=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LC_COLLATE=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LC_CTYPE=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LC_IDENTIFICATION=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LC_MEASUREMENT=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LC_MESSAGES=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LC_MONETARY=C
export LC_NAME=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LC_NUMERIC=C
export LC_PAPER=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LC_TELEPHONE=no_NO.ISO-8859-1
export LC_TIME=no_NO.ISO-8859-1

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»