[gtkada] Porting gate to glade2

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Thu Apr 10 18:21:45 CEST 2003

Emmanuel Briot <briot at ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 10/04/2003 (18:15) :
> > What about includeing XML/Ada with GtkAda at some point ?
>
> XML/Ada doesn't support validation either. We probably want to keep

Oh? I thought XML/Ada supported validation. It says: ... as well as a
basic support for validation. But I don't know what this means.

> both packages as separate as possible, or it will make the releases of
> both even more difficult to do if we need to synchronize them.

I see. Perhaps better to take out gate later if a more full XML version
is needed.

The DTD is quite simple and also I guess the Ada compiler will catch
errors, so the validation can be skipped at this point.

I think I'll use as much of the existing code as possible. At the moment
I'm navigating the sources to figur out how it is built up and making
notes :-)

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»