[gtkada] Porting gate to glade2

Emmanuel Briot briot at ACT-Europe.FR
Thu Apr 10 18:13:04 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 18:07, Preben Randhol wrote:
> Ok I have now started porting gate to read glade2 files. However I
> cannot promise how long it will take.

Great news, looking forward to it. This is one of the blocking points
before another official release of GtkAda2

> Glade 2 uses this DTD => http://glade.gnome.org/glade-2.0.dtd I haven't
> had a chance to look at glib-xml yet, but does it support validation?
> Do we need to use it?

No, this very simple parser doesn't support validation. I am not sure we
really need it anyway.

> What about includeing XML/Ada with GtkAda at some point ?

XML/Ada doesn't support validation either. We probably want to keep both
packages as separate as possible, or it will make the releases of both
even more difficult to do if we need to synchronize them.

regards