[gtkada] GtkAda scroll bars: bugs & features

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Fri May 31 10:00:10 CEST 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 12:14:54PM +1200, Craig Carey wrote:

> (1) What can be done to get a GtkAda program display vertical scrollbars
> that resemble closely the scroll bars that Windows 95 shows.

The scrollbars in Win98 are ugly. They are too thick.

> Is there any GtkAda application that shows far better looking
> plain Windows scroll bars ?.

You can use Qt and all the KDE-stuff to use your f*cking Windows-GUI.
As for now I consider the UNIX-GUIs more configurable and much nicer.
I recently tested KDE3 under Tru64 (OSF on DEC-Alpha) and found out that
you can do almost everything with this GUI. Though I don't like KDE at
all, but color-fading window-close-buttons when the mouse-cursor is
over them are kind of coolness, isn't it? Just like modern games.

> Bugs in Linux and FreeBSD and XFree86 and GNOME+KDE that all interact to
> produce a terrible GUI environment for a person with a Microsoft PS/2 mouse,

Well. owning Microsoft-hardware shows complete unawareness of technical
details.

> with XFree86 making at least one decision to retain a bug.

Bug in XFree? I guess there is more than one, but does it disturb your
work?

> I actually need to debug kernels to get a tolerable Unix system

Should I be honest? You have absolutely no clue what'ya talking about.
You are not able to figure out how to change a slider-bar but claim
to be a kernel-hacker?

All you've presented is FUD, every point can be disproved within ten
minutes. How much did M$ pay you for this mail?

And now I suggest you better FOAD, no longer disturbing this mailinglist.

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Difference between a virus & windows?  Viruses never fail.