[gtkada] Beginner.

Emmanuel Briot briot at ACT-Europe.FR
Mon Oct 8 14:16:10 CEST 2001

"Clark, G L" <g.l.clark at lmco.com> writes:
>      However,  I'm eventually going to be converting an existing X/Motif Ada
> tool to gtkada and I'd rather not generate the code.  I just need some
> simple working examples of how the drawing area is used.

If you are specifically interested in the drawing area, check out the example
   examples/gtk_examples/scribble.adb

in the GtkAda distribution.

It gives examples on how to create and how to draw on a drawing area, the whole
thing being handled through mouse events.

For a more general widget, you should also have a look at GtkAda.Canvas (see
the testgtk demo), which might or not save you some work.