[gtkada] GtkAda / Advice on Linux Flavor

Poul-Erik poulerik at pea.dk
Thu Nov 29 01:31:46 CET 2001

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:02:14 +0100
"Arnaud Charlet" <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR> wrote:

> > Arno can answer by himself if he thinks I have been
> > offensive ?
>
> Offensive might not be the appropriate term (hard to say by email,
> since sometimes emotions are not mapped correctly on this media).
>
> Henri, my best answer to your email is to remind you the welcome
message
> that is sent to each people when they subscribe to this list and
that
> sets the rules once and for all. As a small addition, open mailing
list
> does not mean anarchy and/or no rules. Each open mailing list has
its
> own rules and indeed, if people do not like these rules, they are
free
> to unsubscribe (how to unsubscribe is also reminded at the end of
each
> message sent to this list by the way).

The one thing i have a litlle difficultsy too understand how you can
consider a
question regarding wich Linux flavor is most apropiate for programming
with
the GtkAda can be off-topic.

The fact that some of the answers where answering the question wrong
by
considering Linux more generally, doesn't change the on-topic status
off the original
question, and you don make that destiction in your annwer, witch can
be
misinterpretatet as if your consider the original Question is
off-topic.
Well who know, maybe you do:-)
 --
-