[gtkada] Underlined menu shortcuts

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Wed May 16 11:43:04 CEST 2001

Larry Elmore <ljelmore at home.com> wrote on 16/05/2001 (00:18) :
> Preben Randhol wrote:
> >

> KonTiki is (going to be) Yet Another File Browser. I've tried just about
> everything out there, and have yet to find anything I like better than
> TkDesk. Unfortunately, it's no longer being developed (~2 yrs in stasis,
> I think), and in some ways it's slow, plus has some bugs. It's written
> in C and Tcl/Tk, and I think it would be far better if were re-done in
> Ada and GTK+. :)  (and use Lisp as the extension language, via librep,
> rather than Tcl. Or maybe Ruby?)

Or Python.

I checked out tkdesk and it looks pretty good actually. Would be very
nice with a good filebrowser in Ada and GTk+ that one could promote.
Just don't do it like Nautilus and make it more for screen shots than
for actual use. I liked the drag and then you get a window to choose the
action as opposed to the M$ way where one have to right-click to do
this. I always end up rightclicking. One thing I like with the M$
explorer is the Ctrl-C Ctrl-V Ctrl-X shortcuts. It makes it easier to
move files in many respects and I have seen that old people usually
prefer this as holding down the mouse button and moving the mouse can be
a challange. Also on laptops as the builtin micepads usually suck.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»