[gtkada] Building from CVS Sources on Win32

Jeff Creem jeff at thecreems.com
Fri Jul 20 13:59:39 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arnaud Charlet" <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR>
To: <gtkada at gtkada.eu.org>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 4:17 AM
Subject: Re: [gtkada] Building from CVS Sources on Win32

> > I have a need for some of the pre 2.0 features in the 1.3 series which
is now present in CVS. I am working

> Out of curiosity, what features do you need ?

The primary feature I am after is the text_buffer/text_view feature.

> GtkAda 2.0 requires Gtk+ 1.3.6 at the moment.
>
> As for building Gtk+ 1.3.6 on windows (we haven't tried it ourselves, so
> can't share any experience here), I'd suggest you go to the Gimp/Gtk for
Windows
> page referenced on the GtkAda site that should give you the information
you
> need.

Ok. I have no problems using the standard approach that the Gimp/Gtk for
windows wants. I just wanted to make sure that you were not re-building
those dlls in some different way. Of course the
interesting thing that pops to mind (that should have popped to mind back
when I tried the first
GtkAda win32 port) is that we use pragma convention (C, XXX) in many places
in the code. Windows Gtk uses a flag -fnative-structs (I think) which
potentially changes the layout of the structs
that gcc would use without that flag.. I wonder if there is a disconnect
here or if we have gotten lucky on the few uses of this pragma.

In any case I do still have my more basic original question of are you using
the ./configure approach for the current win32 GtkAda part of the port and
if so are  you using cygwin or something else?