[gtkada] Building from CVS Sources on Win32

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Fri Jul 20 10:17:10 CEST 2001

> I have a need for some of the pre 2.0 features in the 1.3 series which is now present in CVS. I am working

Out of curiosity, what features do you need ?

> with someone who needs to use windows so I find myself back in the windows/gtk world again.
>  There does not appear to be any specific build instructions for
> windows. How is this currently being done. Cygwin for configure or the mini sh that ships with the windows
> binary. Is gtk itself being built with the version
> of gcc that is in GNAT or is it using a newer compiler within cygwin/mingw?

GtkAda 2.0 requires Gtk+ 1.3.6 at the moment.

As for building Gtk+ 1.3.6 on windows (we haven't tried it ourselves, so
can't share any experience here), I'd suggest you go to the Gimp/Gtk for Windows
page referenced on the GtkAda site that should give you the information you
need.

Arno