[gtkada] Tasking with GtkAda for newbies

Emmanuel Briot briot at gnat.com
Fri Feb 9 13:57:18 CET 2001

 > But when I look at top, my app grows from approx 3900kb to 4800 kb after
 > 50 dialogs have been opened. When I close all 50 dialogs it is still
 > 4800 kb. I must be doing something else wrong.

It is expected that it grows up if you open dialogs without closing them.
The fact that the memory doesn't shrink once you have closed them comes from
the memory management on Linux I believe.
What happens if you open 10 new dialogs afterwards ? Does the memory keep
growing ? It shouldn't, since it should be reusing the pool of freed memory
that it kept from before.