[gtkada] Tasking and GtkAda -- have you seen this error?

Nash, D. LTC EECS dd9875 at exmail.usma.army.mil
Wed Dec 27 21:20:35 CET 2000

Dear friends,

Apologies in advance if this is a FAQ that I've overlooked.  I'm using
GtkAda 1.2.10, under Gtk+ 1.2.8 on Solaris, and am having some trouble
writing applications which employ tasks which interact with the GUI.  For
example, I can compile and link the double-buffering demo that comes with
GtkAda, but it core dumps when I try to execute it with the following
messages:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length erro
Gdk-ERROR **: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)

GtkAda / Gtk+ seem otherwise to be working with no problems -- I can run
testgtk and all of the other demos without error.  I get the same behavior
(though not exactly the same error message) using the Win32 port, so I must
surely be lacking a configuration of some sort.  Does this seem familiar to
anyone?  Thank you,

Dave

David A. Nash
LTC, Field Artillery
Computer Support Group
Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Thayer 1115, (845) 938-5575, fax: 938-5956, DSN: 688
e-mail:  david-nash at usma.edu