[gtkada] Strange behavior of a working program

Jeff Carter jrcarter at acm.org
Thu Dec 28 22:48:51 CET 2000

Machine A is an AMD K6-2 3D-Now! 400 MHz, 64 MB ram, Win98, GNAT 3.13p.

Machine B is a P133, 32 MB ram, Win95, GNAT 3.12p.

Both machines have GtkAda 1.3.10 installed.

I have developed a program with a fairly complex window on machine A. It
runs fine. A friend has also compiled and run it on a Linux box with
1.2.10. If I copy the executable from machine A to machine B, the
window's title bar and border appear for a few seconds, after which the
program terminates silently.

If I compile the program on machine B, no sign of the window appears.
The program runs silently for a few seconds before terminating silently.

An earlier version of the program, with a similarly complex window,
compiles and runs fine on machine B.

Does anyone know what is causing this behavior?

Thanks.

--
Jeff Carter
"Son of a silly person."