[gtkada] bug report

Emmanuel Briot briot at gnat.com
Wed Apr 26 10:32:20 CEST 2000

Zeck writes:
 > I'm using gtk ADA 1.3.6 for windows under win98.
 > so when I've compiled this example:
 > C:\GNAT\Examples\doublebuffer
[...]
 > So I ran the anim.exe.
 > in the dos frame
 > I've got those message:
 > "
 > The animation is done thanks to two Ada95 tasks
 >
 > Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_pixmap_new: CreateDIBSection failed: 0
 >
 > Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkdraw.c: line 194 (gdk_draw_rectangle):
 > assertion `drawable != NULL' failed.
 >
 > ......." at will..

This seems to be a problem with the tasking/GtkAda combination on Win98. I
think this example works fine on NT.
If the other example using timers works on Win98 (anim2), I would recommend
you to use that kind of feature to do the animation instead of Ada tasks.

Using tasking with GtkAda is known to work on Unix systems and I believe on NT
(from the tests we or some of our customers did), but we haven't tried it on
win98 for lack of machines.