[gtkada] bug report

Zeck zeck999 at free.fr
Mon Apr 3 06:54:48 CEST 2000

I'm using gtk ADA 1.3.6 for windows under win98.
My gnat is
[Version]
Product=GNAT
GNAT=3.12p
GCC=2.8.1
Target=pentium-mingw32msv
TKVersion=8.0

so when I've compiled this example:
C:\GNAT\Examples\doublebuffer
provided with gtk ada
there have been no error.
I've got the latest pthead DLL for windows.

So I ran the anim.exe.
in the dos frame
I've got those message:
"
The animation is done thanks to two Ada95 tasks

Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_pixmap_new: CreateDIBSection failed: 0

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkdraw.c: line 194 (gdk_draw_rectangle):
assertion `drawable != NULL' failed.

......." at will..

cause of the loop.
It seems to mean that in anim_task.adb

      task body Double_Buffer_Task is
      begin
  while not Abort_Animations_Tasks loop
     Gdk.Threads.Enter;
     Draw_Complex (Get_Pixmap (Buffer));
     Draw (Buffer);
     Gdk.Threads.Leave;
     delay 0.01;
  end loop;
      end Double_Buffer_Task;

doesn't work because Buffer typed Gtk_Double_Buffer doesn't seem
drawable .

so the right task with no double buffer works well
and the left task doesn't work.

while it isn't a compilation or a build error i don't know how to debug
that.

Does I miss something?
Do you have a clue?

thanks for reading this.