[gtkada] bug report

Zeck zeck999 at free.fr
Thu Apr 27 02:51:40 CEST 2000

now with anim2 I've got that:
This demo shows how you can use a Double_Buffer widget
 to provide flicker-free animations in your applications.
The code is almost the same as with a Gtk_Drawing_Area.
 (the drawing routines are exactly the same in this demo)
 except that in one case you draw in an off-screen pixmap
 That you need to copy to the screen when you are ready.

The animation is done thanks to GtkAda Timeouts

Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_pixmap_new: CreateDIBSection failed: 0

  Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkdraw.c: line 194 (gdk_draw_rectangle):
  assertion `drawable != NULL' failed.

raised PROGRAM_ERROR : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

So i must insist on the fact that when i only compile the anim_task.dab
with
task and with double buffer it's run with no error!
The real problem is that the original type of double buffer is buffer
that seems not a drawable objet...
with the latest pthread.dll for win the task are gone quiet good on win
98.

do you want me to send you my code and exe to see?