[gps-users] How to make dotNET GNAT GPL installer happy?

Gautier de Montmollin gdemont at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 19 10:42:09 CET 2010

Hello!
> But gnat-gpl-2009-dotnet-bin.exe keeps complaining:
>
>  "Before installing GNAT for .NET you need to install .NET SDK, distributed by Microsoft.  Setup will now close."
> So ... when it looks for .NET SDK, what exactly is it looking for?  Specific files, directories, registry entries, etc.?

My guess is that it is registry, and it that the whole is very version-sensitive (for instance, it wants VS 2005 and not VS 2008).At least I remember having fought a lot against the short message you had.When checking now, I was surprised that it was actually installed. The SDK version is 2.0.
Gautier