[gps-users] How to make dotNET GNAT GPL installer happy?

Bartley, M. James jbartley at levelplatforms.com
Tue Jan 12 21:27:37 CET 2010

The Win32 installer was happy.

The JVM installer was happy.

But gnat-gpl-2009-dotnet-bin.exe keeps complaining:

 "Before installing GNAT for .NET you need to install .NET SDK, distributed by Microsoft.  Setup will now close."

I do have all the latest-and-greatest Microsoft stuff installed, including the latest incarnation of the .NET SDK which is the "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 (7.0)", version 7.0.7600.16385.40715.

I have both x86 & x64 .NET 2.0 & 3.5SP1 frameworks installed.

This is (x64) Server 2008 R2.

So ... when it looks for .NET SDK, what exactly is it looking for?  Specific files, directories, registry entries, etc.?

I'm 99.99% sure I've got what it wants, I just need to let it see it.

I have cleaned up my environment variables, including PATH, and that's probably what's causing this, but I'm not going to re-install a couple of years' worth of stuff just as an experiment to see if that really is the issue.

Thanks.

 - james