[gps-users] Configure error in GPS 4.0.0

Martin Krischik krischik at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 17 17:58:20 CEST 2006

Am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 01:40 schrieb Chris Sparks:

> Martin Krischik wrote:
> >Am Sonntag, 16. Juli 2006 17:00 schrieb Chris Sparks:
> >>Is GPS 4.0.0 available to the public or is it for customers only?
> >
> >You can download it from the cvs archive. The following script will do
> > that for you:
> >
> >https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gnuada/trunk/rpm/SCRIPTS/Create_GPS_Ar
> >chive.bash
> >
> >Please note that the scripts need an RPM compatible directory layout to
> > work.
> >
> >>I have 3.1.3 which I thought was the latests.
> >
> >The lastest which was released as binary.
>
> I am having no luck with that link.  I do my GPS'ing from Windows.

Well, you can get subversion and rpm for windows as well - both come with
cygwin.

However, I can see your point. I have not even managed to compile gnat itself
under windows - let alone compile the gps.

The gps is particular difficult to compile. In fact the top three in tricky to
compile are:

1) GPS
2) PolyORB
3) AWS