[gps-users] X-Windows freeze

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Sun Aug 8 19:09:36 CEST 2004

Hello.
	For a long time (only now I decided to report this) I observe the following:
Let's suppose that GPS "is left" idle (no actions, I work with some other
applications on the screen) and not displayed (sorry for clumsy English - I
don't know how to explain this) (but is still running), and is, let's say 2-3
hours of such state.
	Then, when I return to GPS, I see that it is VERY(!) slow, each action takes
A LOT of time. When I close it, it closes slowly and then totally freezes my
X-Windows/KDE. Nothing can be done, even mouse move for about 2-2.5 minutes!!
	After this long time everything normalizes and I can continue to work.
	I did not noticed any dependency on the state of GPS been left in.
	I observed this with all version of GPS I worked including the last 20040727.

	Hope this is useful.
--
Leon M.Pollak
leonp at plris dot com