[gps-users] (no subject)

Smith, Herb herb.smith2@boeing.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:15:30 -0500

Emmanuel,

Thanks for the reply. =20

1) I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, however, yes, the
project prefs are set to ClearCase.  I have a VCS item on the main menu
bar, and if I right click on a file in the "Project View" there is a
version control item on that list.  When I go down that menu and do a
"Start Editing" on a file that has not been checked out, GPS does not
let me edit it.  It is possible that I don't know the correct sequence
of commands that I need to do.  The wording of the commands is a bit
different than those in ClearCase.  Specifically, I didn't see a "check
out" command, so I assumed that "start editing" was the thing to do.

2) Ok, I'll try that out. I'm using the 1.2.2 version of GPS.

3) Yes, I am using GNAT 3.15p....or at least I THINK I am.  I have it on
my machine, but I also have an older version of GNATPRO ver 3.14a1.  It
might be that GPS is picking up on that rather than GNAT 3.15p.  How
does GPS find gnat?  Is that done through an environment variable, or is
it in the registry somewhere? =20

Thanks for your help...its a great product, I just need to learn some of
its subtleties.

Herb