[gps-users] Problem to run GPS

Marc Colinet m.colinet@9online.fr
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:23:53 +0100

Problem n=B01:
I succeeded in installing GPS in the /usr/local directory of my brand new=20
Mandrake 9.2.
Nevertheless, I haven't been able to run it yet.
The command is "/usr/local/GPS/bin/gps" : It answers that libraries=20
libgtkada-2.2.so.1
and ligpng.so.2 aren't found.
Are they in the packages furnished with Mandrake ? Are they to be=20
downloaded from ACT ?

Problem n=B02:
After installation, a message gives me the instructions :
for csh and tcsh shells :
	setenv PATH /usr/local/GPS/bin:$PATH
for sh, bash, ksh, zsh :
	PATH =3D /usr/local/GPS/bin:$PATH
	export PATH
I know they are to make it easier to access to GPS, like with the DOS=20
autoexec.bat file, but I don't know what is the right instruction to use=20
and where it is to write. I read somewhere that /etc/profile would do the=20
job but after having read this file, I wonder if it is the right one, there=
=20
is no other settings for PATH in it...

Thanks ahead and best regards.
Marc.