[gps-users] Imported Project Causing Build Menu No Longer Working

Anh Vo Anh.Vo@udlp.com
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:33:29 -0600

<<It's of course fine and actually even better if you can send a
reproducer
based on the tutorial like you did here.>>

Here is the sdc.gpr project shown below.

project Sdc is

   for Languages use ("ada");
   for Source_Dirs use ("common", "struct");
   for Main use ("sdc.adb");
   type Build_Type is
      ("PRODUCTION", "DEBUG");
   Build : Build_Type := external ("Build", "DEBUG");
   for Object_Dir use "obj";

   package Compiler is

      case Build is

         when "DEBUG" =>
            for Default_Switches ("ada") use ("-gnatwe", "-gnaty",
"-gnato", "-g");
            for Switches ("screen_output.adb") use ("-gnatwe",
"-gnaty", "-g");

         when "PRODUCTION" =>
            for Default_Switches ("ada") use ("-O2", "-gnatN",
"-gnatwe", "-gnaty", "-gnatp");
      end case;
   end Compiler;

   package Builder is

      case Build is

         when "DEBUG" =>
            for Default_Switches ("ada") use ("-g");

         when "PRODUCTION" =>
            for Default_Switches ("ada") use ();
      end case;
   end Builder;

   package Ide is
      for Vcs_Kind use "CVS";
   end Ide;

end Sdc;

I also noticed that project prj1.gpr was not withed in sdc.gpr project.
I then performed a force Project->Recompute Project. Now, project
prj1.gpr is withed in sdc.gpr project. The statement is shown below.

with "C:\GPS\doc\gps\examples\tutorial\projects\prj1.gpr";

At this point on every works fine a before. Thus, this may or may not
be a problem depending on the attention. If the attention was that the
project should be updated dynamically after add/remove project
dependency, then it is. Otherwise, a note of performing Recompute
Project will be added to the document.

<<This bug is fixed in CVS. If you like to live dangerousely, you could
rebuild
GPS yourself, or if you are using linux, using the binary snapshot
available from the libre site.>>

I would love to do this if I can find enough time for it because I am
currently working on the average of 11 hours a day.

A. Vo