[gps-devel] Building on Fedora 8

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Sun Mar 2 19:09:56 CET 2008

> I am building from SVN source and I did build a link as follows:
>
> rlove at falcon> ls -l gnat_src
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 rlove rlove 64 2008-03-01 21:38 gnat_src ->
> /usr/gnat/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.3/rts-native/adainclude/

Well, that's where things are wrong. INSTALL says:
<<
You need to create a symbolic link called 'gnat_src' that points to recent
GNAT sources (preferably sources as recent as the GPS sources used), e.g.
the svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk/gcc/ada repository.

And instead, you pointed gnat_src to gnat run-time sources, which is not
sufficient, since GPS needs GNAT compiler sources, not GNAT run-time
sources (which are automatically visible by simply using GNAT anyway).

Arno