[gps-devel] Building on Fedora 8

R. B. Love rblove_lists at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 19:07:15 CET 2008

Arnaud Charlet wrote:
>> I'm trying to get a version working on my Fedora 8 AMD-64 machine.   So
>> far when I try to build, it fails at the point of building the main.
>> I've gotten by many things before this but here I don't see what to do
>> to point it to prj.ads.  I can find the file in the gnat subdirectory
>> but why can the project file and Make find it?
>>

> It's hard to say without more details. In particular, you didn't say how
> you got GPS sources, what your set up is, version, gnat version, etc...
>
> In particular if you're building from a subversion check out, you need to
> follow the instructions at the bottom of the INSTALL file.
>
> Arno

I am building from SVN source and I did build a link as follows:

rlove at falcon> ls -l gnat_src
lrwxrwxrwx 1 rlove rlove 64 2008-03-01 21:38 gnat_src ->
/usr/gnat/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.3/rts-native/adainclude/

rlove at falcon> gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.1.3 20070403 for GNAT GPL 2007 (20070402)