[GAP] Asynchroneus IO on Mac OS X

Christfried Webers christfried.webers at ieee.org
Wed Sep 13 13:51:27 CEST 2006

Arno,

I fully agree with you. The proof is in the code!

Please see my ticket [F913-008] with two test cases, one simple
program catch_signals which can be tested via "kill -s IO ... "
(not working) and other signals (working).

A closer real world setup for asynchronous IO is the pair
udp_sender/udp_receiver, which also does not work for Ada handlers and
SIGIO, but for a SIGIO handler installed via sigaction().

Unfortunately, the sigaction() method has to use System.OS_Interface. So I
am very curious whether there is another solution without touching this
non-portable low-level package ;-)

Best
Chris

--On 11 September 2006 17:34:45 +0200 Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore.com>