[GAP] Asynchroneus IO on Mac OS X

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Mon Sep 11 18:32:24 CEST 2006

> I took it off the list the last cycle.  I should have taken it off
> earlier.  However, you are right.  It is more fun to talk about
> things in real time than to put in a problem report and wait
> indefinitely for it to move up a queue, maybe finally getting some
> action months or years later, after you have already managed some
> work-around.  We have been well trained in this by companies like
> Microsoft. :-)

I know there's a smiley, but for what it's worth, it's important to realize
that in most cases, the questions asked on gnattracker will receive
a simple answer and/or work around relatively rapidly, so this is definitely
an added value of being part of the GAP program.

Very few reports are actually labelled as bugs in pratice (which seems
to be the category you have in mind above).

In this specific case, to me there's no bug, and I'll be happy to give
the reporter some more info and explanations if a ticket with more
details/source code is opened.

Of course, we cannot force people to take advantage of this facility if
they do not want to :-)

Arno