[GAP] Asynchroneus IO on Mac OS X

Ted Baker baker at cs.fsu.edu
Mon Sep 11 18:26:43 CEST 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 05:34:45PM +0200, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > Anyway, I doubt the basic implementation of signals has changed terribly
> > much, or has it?
>
> The basic implementation has not changed that much as far as I remember,
> although there are some interesting additions, such as pragma Interrupt_State.
>
> Anyway, I see that people prefer to chat on this list with no specific source
> code at hand rather than opening tickets and getting more detailed answer.
> This is certainly fine with me btw, because it means I do not have to worry
> about this issue myself, and can let people discuss on this list :-)

I took it off the list the last cycle.  I should have taken it off
earlier.  However, you are right.  It is more fun to talk about
things in real time than to put in a problem report and wait
indefinitely for it to move up a queue, maybe finally getting some
action months or years later, after you have already managed some
work-around.  We have been well trained in this by companies like
Microsoft. :-)

--Ted